Tramp Art, like quilting, relies on using salvaged materials to create textures and patterns then piecing them together to make beautiful yet utilitarian
objects. While relatively unknown, Tramp Art was a wide-spread form of Folk Art that flourished in America between the 1870's – 1940's.

Etsy

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Show Time!

Well, it is that time of year again.
There is a chill in the air and soon there will be frost as well.
I love the Fall and that "crispness" in the air.
Of course, all this means that the Wilton Historical Society's

American Artisan Show

is just around the corner....November 4th - 6th.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


As you can see, things are all over the place
as I am getting ready for the show.
I have so many pieces I want to make and
so little time!

Sewing pieces, Ornaments, CAWfin®, Tombstone Angel,
and a very special piece that will use an antique
Sheraton table base with the original black paint...
let's see how much I can get done.

Hope to see you all there at the show!!!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The Early American Folk Arts & Trades 


The first MARKETPLACE for this Facebook Group
will be held on Facebook this weekend, October 15 - 16.

Each artist can post one piece at a time
and add another once the first piece has sold.
I will be posting two pieces for
everyone's consideration...

"Live Free, Die Happy"

and
"Get Cracking"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I would like to share a couple images
of two of my most recent
Heart In Hand Thread Holder & Pin Cushions...



Hope everyone has a great week!!! 
I will be heading back to create more Tramp Art
one chip at a time!







No comments:

Post a Comment