Tramp Art, like quilting, relies on using salvaged materials to create textures and patterns then piecing them together to make beautiful yet utilitarian
objects. While relatively unknown, Tramp Art was a wide-spread form of Folk Art that flourished in America between the 1870's – 1940's.

Etsy

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Spring is in the air.....after a few snow storms



It has been a while but all is well.
I have been finishing up a few pieces and
took the time to make a piece I have
been wanting to do for a couple years now.

"PICKED FRESH"
is a piece that I will be keeping. It is one of my
German style Tramp Art automobiles with
the addition of some hand painted farm stand signs
to hang off the sides.

I have asked a small group of my artist friends to make 
a German style veggie person to ride in the
passenger area and then another artist friend volunteered
to make the driver for this piece.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A walk around the garden has revealed
the beginnings of some pears,
peaches, cherries and some flowers.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course, Mr. Rabbit has started tending his garden...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As some of you may know,
I have designed a collection of paper patterns
for hooked rugs, punch needle, 
wool appliqué and will be having some charted
for cross stitch as well.

All these designs are taken from my 
originalTramp Art designs. 
I am calling these patterns the "HOOKER collection!

They are all available in my Etsy Shop.
Please take a moment to visit the shop and 
I hope you enjoy these designs.


One of my friends (Renee Bowen) took one of my designs and
made it in to a 1/12 scale miniature "hooked rug"
using nothing but french knots.


and another friend (Colleen McDonald) took 
one of my patterns and converted it to 
a wool appliqué pattern that can be used to make 
a wonderful pouch to hold your tablet 
or a needlework project you are working on.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been gathering up some small 
vintage/antique pièces to pair up with some new
Tramp Art designs I am working on.
I have over 50 new pieces designed so far.
Now all I need are the funds for the supplies. 
I trust this will happen as I know
that I have found my true calling creating each of
the pieces as The Art Tramp!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am also working on weaving some
full size and miniature Shaker baskets. This is something
I decided to do again. It has been many years
but I think they will be a nice addition to some of my
Tramp Art pieces. I also have a few friends 
who will be getting some of them in trade for pieces
I love of their work. And, if I make enough, 
they will also be sold at a miniature show at the end 
of the summer! Just trying to stay 
busy and creative at the same time!!!!

I am hoping to attend two shows this year.
I will be returning to the Wilton Historical Society's 
American Artisan Show on November 4, 5 & 6.
And, I am waiting to hear if I have gotten
in to another amazing show that is held in Pennsylvania
around the middle of September. I will keep you posted
on these here and through Facebook.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope your Spring is off to a good start!
Enjoy.








No comments:

Post a Comment