Tramp Art, like quilting, relies on using salvaged materials to create textures and patterns then piecing them together to make beautiful yet utilitarian
objects. While relatively unknown, Tramp Art was a wide-spread form of Folk Art that flourished in America between the 1870's – 1940's.

Etsy

Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy Presidents Day!

As a child I attended Abraham Lincoln Grade School
in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. I have no idea why I
still have retained this poem in my mind but it has been
in my head since kindergarten or first grade...




"Abraham Lincoln kind and good, honored and loved by many.
We loved him so much as our President, we put his face on our penny."



This piece is entitled "We Shall Overcome".
It was inspired by the current Civil Rights issue of Marriage Equality.
I believe that art can be both beautiful and informative.

Simply put.....LOVE is LOVE.


And my trio entitled "Ballot Boxes"






"Liberty" and "Justice"...."For All"

Enjoy your holiday!



No comments:

Post a Comment