Tramp Art, like quilting, relies on using salvaged materials to create textures and patterns then piecing them together to make beautiful yet utilitarian
objects. While relatively unknown, Tramp Art was a wide-spread form of Folk Art that flourished in America between the 1870's – 1940's.

Etsy

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Putting your HEART in to your work...

 Just thought I would share some images of works in progress with you 
on this very cold New England morning...


The MAGGIE jack-in-the-box is coming along. 
I will be painting the box today and then sculpting the head.
Maggie is a Black & White cat that I have been
commissioned to sculpt and make in to a jack-in-the-box 
and a hot air balloon.


Just a few pieces of wood to chip-carve...almost 300 squares.
This is my Tramp Art version of a Moravian Star.
The box will be lined in velvet. The box will be able to be hung or rest 
on a table top. I will post more images as work progresses.



I got up to start the coffee this morning and 
when I got back to bed our little 115 pound pup had taken over my spot!
So, I let my husband and Paddington stay cuddled under the covers.

  

and last but not least...Happy Valentines Day!
while they were asleep I designed a simple card for my husband...


so...as we get ready for another blizzard to come our way
I'd like to leave you with this sign of Springtime...




No comments:

Post a Comment